THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL MEDIA AWARD SHOW FOR COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING PROFESSIONALS TO BE HOSTED IN SAN FRANCISCO ON NOVEMBER 9, 2010
Social Media Experts Worldwide Compete For First Time With The Bees Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, June 2, 2010 – The Bees Awards – The first international social media award competition for communications and marketing professionals.
One-fifth of the planet’s population is active on social media platforms. The Bees Awards will showcase how companies make the best use of new communication tools. This prestigious event will be held in San Francisco on November 9, 2010.
“Social media is a growing phenomenon that calls for new communication and marketing expertise,” said Bastien Beauchamp, Founder of The Bees Awards. “Contrary to advertising, social media is “real” - it involves real people, real conversations, real products, real companies and real brands. Marketing legends David Ogilvy and Bill Bernbach advocated the necessity of being in constant contact with the consumer’s reality. The Bees Awards will recognize those who have most expertly married this original spirit with today’s technology to create social media that transcends all marketing that’s come before it. ”
The Bees Awards Jury is composed of leading social media experts from around the world:
- Liz Strauss - Chicago, USA @lizstrauss
- Gary Goldhammer - Los Angeles, USA @g24khamr
- Paul Hoffman - Woodstock NY, USA @hoffmanpaul
- Mitch Joel - Montreal, Canada @mitchjoel
- Helder Araujo - Sao Paolo, Brazil @haraujo
- Jesus Hoyos - Mexico City, Mexico @Jesus_Hoyos
- Ralf Rottmann - Dortmund, Germany @24z
- Matt Rhodes - London, UK @mattrhodes
- Johan Ronnestam - Stockholm, Sweden @ronnestam
- Eric Maillard - Paris, France @PRland
- Gaurav Mishra - New Delhi, India @Gauravonomics
- Rajiv Dingra - Mumbai, India @rajivdingra
- Andre L. Pan - Shanghai, China @popoever
- Isaac Mao - Boston, USA/Shanghai, China @isaac
- Li Ang Wang - Shanghai, China @WebLeOn
- Gao Ming - Shanghai, China @gaoming
- Toru Saito - Tokyo, Japan @toru_saito
- Alister Cameron - Melbourne, Australia @alicam
- Dave Duarte - Cape Town, South Africa @DaveDuarte
The Bees Awards will also define, for the first time, the specialized Categories in social media marketing. The Judged Categories will include:
- Best 140 Characters (SMS, Tweet)
- Best Use of a Micro-Blogging Platform
- Best Use of a Social Media Platform
- Best Use of mobile
- Best Relationship With Bloggers
- Best Conversation with Customers
- Best Use of Alternative Tool(s)
- Best Use of Media Press Room
- Best Writing
- Best Art Direction
- Best Social CRM
- Best Student Work
- Best Innovation
- Best Campaign
- Agency of the Year
- Client of the Year
The Deadline for Entry Submissions is October 1st, 2010. Nominees will be announced October 21st, 2010 at 7pm PST on the Bees Awards website at www.beesawards.com and via Twitter (@beesawards #beesawards). The Awards Gala will take place in San Francisco on November 9, 2010. It will be streamed live at www.beesawards.com and via Twitter (@beesawards #beesawards).
The Bees Awards seek to fill the gap in current marketing awards competitions by focusing solely on recognizing excellence in social media across multiple platforms. The Bees Awards team has established three key criteria:
1. The Bees Awards are for communications and marketing professionals including: public relations and advertising agencies, advertisers, consultants, freelancers, students, business managers, and entrepreneurs. People who pay or are paid to leverage social media tools to accomplish a corporate purpose may enter. No other social media awards exist for social media marketing practitioners.
2. The Bees Awards are the first social media award show with representation from an international jury panel. Social media has no boundaries, but every country has its own expertise and practices. The Bees Awards goal is to incorporate this ever-changing global knowledge base in its selection/judging process.
3. The Bees Awards will be awarded for delivering excellence in the various categories as judged by a jury of expert practitioners. It is not about being famous; it’s about executing impressive communications that are recognized by the jury to stimulate and challenge the industry. The jury has the responsibility to be the guardians of emerging media brilliance and to help give direction to the industry.
About the Bees Awards Team:
The Bees Awards Team consists of Social Media Professionals from San Francisco, New York, Montreal, Detroit and Paris. They have been brought together by their passion for emerging trends in marketing and technology and are committed to embedding the most relevant and up-to-date insights regarding social media into the awards process.
The Bees Awards Team will host various activities, both online and offline, to contribute to the celebration of Social Media throughout the months leading up to the award show. Should you want to help with this exciting event, we invite you to join the team! Write us at email@example.com
Twitter: @beesawards #beesawards
Media relations: firstname.lastname@example.org